Reporting live from the grungiest street corner, cultural exchange meet, mom & pop corner store and every phly sneaker joint on the planet, this edition of Sessions is all about the kicks, the threads and everything that comes with the pursuit of staying fresh.
HYPE partnered up with global sneaker authority Hunting For Kicks to lace a special edition compilation paying homage, in one form or another, to the prettier side of the culture. From Run-DMC’s genre defining collaboration with adidas Superstar in the eighties, right up to the present day of gold teeth, French braids and Yeezi’s, this mixtape is for all the phly ones.
- Youngsta – Takkies
- O.Y Wonder – Hunting For My Kicks
- Reason feat. Aaylaan & Melo – AmaTekkie Amasha NaBantwana
- Jean Daniel & Raphael Griffiths – Goggles
- HFK Interlude
- BIG FKN GUN – Gold Teeth & Carvelas
- Smashis feat. Mashayabhuqe KaMamba – Lalelani
- Yanga – Fede Fokol
- Smega & DNA – Korrek
- Ginger Trill feat. Smashis – Come Up
- Flex Boogie – Mani Maningi
- Shamon Cassette feat. John Robinson
You can download the Hunting For Kicks Volume 68 mixtape at www.hypemusic.co.za by simply heading to the site and using the official code: HFKTST
HYPE Sessions: STILL THE MOST DANGEROUS MIXTAPE ON THE STREETS!!!
You can also find yourself on a volume of the notorious HYPE Sessions mixtape. Make sure to send your music submission to email@example.com. Only entries including artwork, full information (title, artist, producer and city of origin) will be considered. For more info go to www.hypemagazine.co.za.
Issue #72 Available in stores nationwide